Monday, December 26, 2011

Let There Be Love


Image DetailWhen I was a child, I used to love Christmas and hate New Years. New Years usually meant a bunch of meaningless hopes that a miracle will happen and that the next year will be perfect. I never fell for that.  Now as an adult, I no longer enjoy Christmas that much, and I wait for New Years or the mental state of a new beginning. Normally, when I say goodbye to one year, I remember the good and the bad of the year, and I hope for more good the next year. I always read every yearly horoscope I could find and try to envision all the good predictions and wonder just how great this new year will be.
However, as years go, 2011 SUCKED for me. Sure, there were a few good things that happened this year; I published a few short stories, and I got a new job. The bad; I was unemployed for the first time in a long time for the first 5 months of the year. The new job I got didn't pay nearly as well as any of my old jobs. My ex and I were fighting like cats and dogs and our marriage didn't survive this dreadful year. I really let myself go and got fat during this stressful year. I wasted three months of my life helping the ex when he was in the hospital, hoping that he would grow up and change, however, as soon as he got out he went back to being the same ungrateful asshole that he had been all year. That's three months I'll never get back! And at the end of the year, I moved back in with my mother and now live in the apartment in her basement. (hey, the rent is cheaper.)
So, having read my horoscopes for 2012, I really hoped for some good predictions. What did I find? Some saying that this year will be one filled with love. That for the first time ever, I will be able to chose between multiple partners. That sounds good! And, other said the opposite. They said that this year will the year of failed relationships and NO love whatsoever! Oh no!
So let there be love this year. I hope for lots of it, and for everyone! Let it be a year full of financial success! Let all the people who want to loose a few unneeded pounds meet their goal! And for all the authors out there, let it be a year of massive words typed and many contracts signed. Let everyone have a bestseller or a few!
What are all your wishes for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. I wish you a happy, satisfying 2012 -- whatever that may bring. I think we never know what will really make us happy -- so I'm being non-specific.

    Yep. That's it: I wish you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd settle for a little less drama in both our lives. :). It's been a rough year for sure.

    But the future always has promise, so I wish you all the good things in its vault.

    ReplyDelete