Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Author: Avery Flynn

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Heat Level: 3

Word Count: 52, 820

ISBN: 978-1-77130-104-6

Editor: JS Cook

Cover Artist: Sour Cherry DesignsToday, Avery Flynn will be talking to you about her newest release. I met Avery when she published her first book with Evernight Publishing. I also read that book soon after it released and to this day it's still one of my favorite EP books. She's really good at writing entertaining, relatable characters and great plots. So please welcome.... Avery Flynn


AR: Tell me about this series, how did it come about? 

AF: I didn't have a series in mind when I first sat down to write Temptation Creek. I've always had a weird fear about taking the garbage out at night. Dumb I know, but one day the thought struck me what if someone found a dead body in there. And from that a story was born.

AR: *Shivers*. I'm afraid to take the trash out at night for that same reason. Who is your heroine and what are some of the conflicts she faces? 

AF: So glad to know I'm not the only freak out there. My heroine in Passion Creek is Josie Winarsky. She is as wild as my hero, Sam Layton, is uptight. She's also smart, determined and a real hottie. As Sam describes her in one scene (paraphrasing here): she looks like she just walked off a movie set and she's playing badass number one.

AR: I like her already. Who is the hero and what conflicts does he face? 

AF: Sam is the black sheep of the Layton family - meaning he's the quiet, keeps to himself guy. He's a professor at the local liberal arts college in Dry Creek and he's been searching for the family treasure, Rebecca's Bounty, for most of his life. When he meets Josie he realizes that he doesn't want to be Mr. Anal Retentive so much any more but as we all know changing yourself can be mighty hard.

AR: Where did you get the idea for the story? Who or what was your inspiration? 

AF: Sam has popped up here and there since the series started - overprotective brothers are like that. Josie made her first appearance as the tattooed waitress in Seduction Creek. I knew I wanted to write an adventure story and what better adventure is there than going on a treasure hunt? Where I grew up in Nebraska there is a bluff similar to McPherson's Bluff where Sam and Josie go treasure hunting. So everything just sort of came together.

AR: As a reader, what kind of books do you like to read? 

AF: I read everything. My go-to stress relievers are Regency romance. Anything with a rogue duke and a hoyden is my version of crack. Right now I'm reading Broken Harbor by Tana French. The woman is a genius with a mystery. She is one of my few have-to-buy-it-in-hardback authors.


PASSION CREEK 
Erotic Romantic Suspense

Uptight history professor Sam Layton may have the abs of a movie action hero, but he stopped believing in the joy of adventure a long time ago. However, when a one-night stand with a tattooed bombshell leads to a treasure map for the long-buried Rebecca’s Bounty, the call to action is too strong to ignore.

All Las Vegas cocktail waitress Josie Winarsky wants to do is paint. But when she lands smack dab in the middle in a mob plot, she has to push aside her dreams to find a treasure in Dry Creek, Nebraska and save her family from harm. With Sam at her side and a Vegas loan shark on her tail, the treasure she finds turn out to be much more valuable than emeralds and rubies.


Passion Creek is the third book in the Layton Family series. Please check out the other two books, Temptation Creek and Seduction Creek.

You can find Avery here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me over Angelina. I had a great time chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete