Monday, January 28, 2013

Cha-Cha-Change

Urg, what happened to me?! I can still remember when I first started blogging. I was interesting, having something to share and say, and I had people coming to my blog to comment. What happened? Now it's like I forgot how to do that. Anymore, the only constant feature on this blog is the Guest Author Friday. Yes, I'm sure you noticed I interview other authors on my blog on that day. But what about the rest of the week?

Starting now, I'm introducing a few new features on this blog.

Mondays will be my anything goes days. I'll talk about whatever I want to, ranging from my writing to life, family, dogs, ect.

Tuesdays will be my "Smarty-Pant Tuesday", which I will share something that I find to be interesting. Note, some of the stuff will be copy and pasted from some encyclopedia, but we'll learn new things.

Wednesdays will be my "Publishing 101" days where I will share with you what I have learned in this industry. After being burned by a few publishers I have a lot to say! So if you're a new author or looking to publish your first book, check that segment out.

Thursdays will be my "Short Story Flash" days. I will be sharing with you a collection prompt short stories that are a bit too short to be published. You can say they'll be like flash fiction.

Fridays will be the same, with a variety of guest authors talking about their newest releases. I hope you'll stop by and hopefully add to your reading list.

Hopefully, these specific daily features will get me to blog more regularly. Have any of you set up features or segments on your blogs? Have that helped you from abandoning your blogs?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan Angelina! Good luck!

    I've not added segments etc to my blog yet but was thinking about a 'random chatter'' one. Mines a book blog so it's all been about books so far. Maybe it'll help me to blog when I've not got reviews going on.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! It's great to hear from you. My Friday guest author segment has helped me stay regular on my blog, so hopefully this will work for all the other days.

      A random chatter segment sounds like a great idea! I would check that out.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for mixing it up. That's a lot of blogging days and my hat's off to you. I can barely muster two times a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! I was barely mustering one day a week for a while so I'm trying to make up for it. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Angelina,
    I don't think it's your blog, I think everyone is busy including me. There is only so much one can do with being on Facebook, Twitter, google plus and a blog writing comes first for me. Sorry not to have been around.
    I have always enjoyed popping on over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! I hear ya! I've been too busy to check out other people's blogs too. But I feel so horrible for abandoning my own that I'm trying to make up for it now. :-)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Suzanne, people are busy and sometimes they ( and I ) do mass deletes.

    ReplyDelete