Monday, January 3, 2011

Good Things to Come

This year, on New Year’s Eve, my husband and I went furniture shopping. We started off the year with some new (actually used, as we can’t afford brand new) bedroom end tables and a headboard (the headboard was new). We got a good deal on it, as everything was only $100. Throughout the day, I went grocery shopping, cleaned up the house, relaxed some, and in the evening we had guests and a small little New Year’s party. At 11:56 PM, I decided to check my phone when I realized I got an e-mail from my first ever editor. She wrote that she enjoyed my story and the edits were rather simple, with only one scene that needed to be re-written.

I rang in the year with friends, family, new furniture, and edits for my short story. That is the best New Year I could have asked for. I’m beyond excited to be working with a real editor, as now it’s become real. Before it was just a dream that could happen, now it’s a dream that will happen. That made me think that 2011 will be a great year.
Yesterday, I read my horoscope for 2011 (that’s a tradition for me) and it pretty much said it will be a great year for me. I’m very optimistic right now.
So what about you? How did you ring in the year? Do you think it will be a good year for you?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great way to ring in the New Year! We have a tradition - two other couples that we ring the New Year in with. We play games, eat, watch tv and ring it in together. We toast and then hit the road to beat the drunk drivers. It's a nice tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think it'll be a good year. It's self defeating if you think otherwise. :-)

    --I had to buy furniture too this year, thanks to a certain evil puppy that shall remain nameless.

    ReplyDelete