Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Judgmental

Hello dear friends! I have to say, this A to Z challenge has been easy so far. Until today that is! Coming up with a topic for J has been very hard for me, however, here it is.


Judgmental people. They are all around us, and I’m sure if we all look deep into ourselves, we’ll find that we are sometimes judgmental too. We are all judgmental in our own different ways. But here is something I noticed. My grandma, who is a very nice and helpful person, will always judge people by how they look. Oh, he’s too fat, she’s too skinny. Bla’s too tall and Bla’s too short. However, my grandma herself isn’t a beauty queen. My husband judges fat people. Yet, he’s not Mr. Buff and Tuff. Nope, he’s got a bit of a bulge he pretends not to see. My mother, who judge’s people who dress old fashioned, has a closet full of 80’s inspired fashions.

So where am I going with this?

Sometimes I wonder if people who judge about something in others are actually doing so because their ashamed of that about themselves. Example, my husband who is ashamed of being overweight, judges everyone who has a bulge.

Have any of you noticed that about judgmental people? That most people who judge about something have that same trait in themselves.

2 comments:

  1. For better or worse, judging others is human nature. I find myself doing it all the time, sometimes automatically and sometimes deliberately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that people who do it too often have an insecurity problem. Too much is not healthy (or nice).

    ReplyDelete