Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March Goals

I did it. I sighed my divorce papers last week, and washed down the bittersweet taste of it with some chocolate wine. Now, a whole week later, I decided that it's time to start my life anew. Time to make some changes, to get serious with some goals. I recently saw a fellow blogger share her goals, and I decided that maybe that would help me become more productive. Here we go with my goals:

WRITING:
To edit and polish my current WIP and sub it out by the end of March.

READING:
To at least read two books this month.

BLOGGING:
To blog 3 times a week. (I've been lazy about that lately)
To reply to every comment left on my blog. (Although some of you will have to wait for your replies as I  can't do it at work)
To find at least 1 new blog to follow.

PERSONAL LIFE:
To loose 10 pounds (the healthy way!)
To start looking for a new job (or at least a part time job on the weekends to earn more money)
To remember to water my plants.

Speaking of plants, I had to share this picture of my new weeping pussy willow tree. It's blooming! Isn't it beautiful!



Do you make monthly goals? If so, what are some of yours?

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful plant, that is amazing. I don't think we have them here in OZ. I must check it out. I want one lol.
    As for goals. Monthly, well is to send off to a traditional publisher, to finish or to rewrtie a manuscript. As well as all the marketing for my upcoming two releases. Phew. I'm exhausted already.

    Glad you are looking on the bright side of things regarding your divorcee. Life changes and for the better. I've been through it. So do for you. :) Okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and good luck on your goals. I hope you lots of sales on your upcoming new release and good luck on subbing to a traditional publisher.

      Delete
  2. That tree is gorgeous! Nice to have some blooms so early in the year.

    I hope signing those divorce papers gave you a new lease on life. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love my new plant! And yes, signing those papers really made it click in my head that it's finally over. I'm not ready to move on with my life and start fresh in a lot of ways.

      Delete
    2. Oops, typo. I meant to say I'm NOW ready to move on with my life.

      Delete
  3. Speaking from personal experience, signing the divorce papers was like slamming the book closed and tossing that bad boy out the way so that my table of life could be cleared for other things that wanted to have me around, active or participating. I hope that this is a step forward toward more happiness.

    And yep, I do monthly goals, though I haven't posted mine for March yet. Got to get on the ball lol!!

    You've got some great goals. I wish you the best as you work towards accomplishing each of them. And what you do not complete, know that your work towards it will not be in vain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I feel about my divorce, like I closed the book, and I'm ready to pick up a new book now.

      I actually got the goal idea from your blog. I really liked how you shared your Feb goals and your accomplishments. I have a problem with procrastination so I figured maybe that would help kick me into being more productive. We shell see.

      Delete
  4. Those are great goals, and with a positive attitude like that, I'm sure you'll embrace your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tree. Good buy, Angelina. They make chocolate wine? Awesome. Best to you on all of your goals, and the new start. You deserve good things coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, they make chocolate wine. I tried it for the first time last week and it tastes almost like a chocolate martini.

      Delete