Monday, February 18, 2013

Magic and Goals

New Year's resolution: To finish most of my started but abandoned WIP's.

Progress: 2 down!!!

Most of the time I abandon my resolutions by the time February rolls around. But this year, I'm sticking to my little goal and I'm proud to announce that my second abandoned project has now been completed. Better yet, it's also contracted for publication. Evernight Publishing said yes to "His Guardian Witch".

I started this little story last year, intending it for the Cauldron of Tales anthology. However, at the last minute I decided to write a different story for the antho, leaving HGW on the backburner. After letting it simmer for a little while, I went back to it and finished the story. Now it is set to release in April. I can't wait!

Here's a little blurb for His Guardian Witch:

Is love stronger than magic?

Morgan has never encountered a spell she couldn’t cast or a curse she couldn’t break. With her natural knack for witchcraft, she runs a magic store that helps others. When a handsome but cursed man walks into her store, she is pit against magic stronger than her own.

Daniel lived an ordinary life before he ended up on a witch’s bad side and was jinxed with non-stop bad luck. Out of sheer desperation he visits Morgan’s Magic Shop. Morgan agrees to help him and they must work together to find the witch and pinpoint the hex she used in order to undo it. As they search, feelings ignite and a romance blossoms. Will this bad luck spell end their love, or will their love be strong enough to break the incantation?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Good for you for not only accomplishing your goal but getting it published too.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete