Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Grandma ~ Updated ~

As a kid, I remember my grandma always being healthy. She’s a strong woman who has literally never been sick. Even if she gets the cold, it’s a day later and she’s as perfect as ever. So last week, when I got a phone call that my grandma was rushed to the hospital, I was worried, but optimistic. Her blood pressure dropped very low and she started to feel very sick. The doctors told her they will release her the next afternoon. We were all waiting for her healthy return.

That next afternoon came and went and she still remained in the hospital. They said her blood was too thick. They thinned it out, and she was fine, ready to be released when . . .

Yet, another problem. Now, they found a problem with her central nervous system. Now the doctors don’t have false release dates, they no longer fill her head with false hopes.

My grandma is 75 years old, and I never took the time to realize just how fast time went. It feels like yesterday that she was still fifty, then sixty. Wow, already seventy-five. I’m still optimistic that she’ll be okay, but I’m scared, too. Sorry if I’ve been a little MIA on my own blog and on all of yours. Hope you understand.


~*~ Update! ~*~

 
Woo Hoo! My grandma was released from the hospital earlier this morning. Woo Hoo! She’s feeling so much better and she’s back to her normal self.

9 comments:

  1. Hope your grandmother gets better. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. Grandmas are precious. I still miss mine. I wish I could have visited her more.

    I hope they'll be able to give her some comfort and release her soon. Then give her a call. That would mean the world to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear all this, but I understand completely. My mother passed away within a year ago; it was sudden and unexpected. It hit me hard. I hope your grandma beats this and you get the second chance to spend more time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments and support guys. My grandma was released earlier this morning and she’s home. She’s feeling a whole lot better. And on the plus side, she lost 20 pounds in the 10 days she was there. She’s happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good news! Glad your grandma is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear your grandma is back to her normal self :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angelina, I'm so glad that she's been released and is feeling better! I was extremely close to my grandma and it was so hard to lose her. I'm happy you didn't have to experience that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Grandma gets better and shares her wisdom with you for many years to come yet. Grandma's have so much life experiences to share. Take advantage. I lost both sets of grandparentsand my mum while I was still a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your grandma is better!! I don't have any of mine still living (lost my fave grammy more than 20 years ago). Treasure yours...

    ReplyDelete