Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's the Nomination That Counts

The other day, an author friend tagged me on facebook congratulating me on my nomination.

Whoa... What? That was the first I ever heard of it, so I went to the reader group that she mentioned and yup, where I was, a nominee.

This is the first time that I've been selected for any kind of contest as an author and I'm over the moon happy about it. Although I doubt I will win, it's the nomination part that counts the most. After all, to be nominated, your book has to stand out from the thousands that get published that year, and to win, you have to be the most popular on top of standing out. I don't do well with being popular. I'm barely noticeable, but that's okay.

I want to thank LR Cafe for nominating my cover for Sucking Santa's Candy Cane as the best cover of 2012. And I'd like to congratulate all the other nominees. There were several people on there who will get my vote!

Do you like this cover?  


* Voting stars at noon so this post is set for noon. If I got my time zones wrong and you click on the link but voting hasn't started, please come back at a later hour. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment